(Applies to only GOLD members)
Your form must start with the following lines of code:
<form action="http://www.formbuddy.com/cgi-bin/formattach.pl" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">
<input type="hidden" name="username" value="USERNAME">
<input type="hidden" name="reqd" value="1,2,3,4">
<input type="hidden" name="url" value="URL">
where USERNAME represents your username and URL represents the url to which your visitors will be
re-directed once they submit your form (do not forget the http:// before the URL).
The third line indicates the required fields in your form.
FormBuddy will make sure that your visitor does not leave those fields blank.
Immediately after the value= part ( of the third line ), you may indicate the field numbers of the required filelds seperarted by commas.
- The field numbers start from 1
- Hidden fields in your form (excluding the first three hidden fields) are also counted as fields
Note that these instructions are very similar to setting up your normal form except that:
- The form is processed by formattach.pl (action="http://www.formbuddy.com/cgi-bin/formattach.pl")
- There is an enctype="multipart/form-data" in the form tag
Now in order that your visitor gets a "browse" button in his/her browser so that he/she may upload the file,
include the following line anywhere in the form (after the first 3 hidden fields):
<input type="file" name="attachment">
Please note that file upload field MUST be named as attachment for your form to work correctly.
Some points to note regarding this feature:
- The maximum size of file that can be uploaded is 1 MB
- The form data (along with the file uploaded) is always e-mailed to you irrespective of your options
- Only one file upload is allowed per form